Users of our website and services
Version 23 May 2018
Users of our website and services
How do we collect personal data?
When you use our website or services provided by Suomen Tilaajavastuu Oy, we collect your personal data as described in this document. For more detailed information, please see our privacy notices.
Basis for and purpose of processing
The legal basis for personal data processing is the legitimate interest of the controller or fulfilling a contract made with the controller. We collect data in connection to making a contract, i.e. when you purchase our services and/or register as a user of our services. We also collect data during the validity period of the contract. Data is also received from other controllers and public sources.
We use personal data in the marketing and sale of STV’s services and for customer relationship management, invoicing, provision of customer support services, user rights monitoring, and service development. Personal data processing also includes processing and analysing the data concerned for targeted marketing and service production. For example, we can show customers targeted messages or content on our website, or channels based on their previous interests.
We will principally collect personal data from the data subjects themselves when they contact us and use our services. We also collect data on our customers and their contact persons from public sources and registers.
We use web analytics services to collect visitor data on our website in order to analyse and develop our web resources, as well as target relevant marketing and customer communications to visitors.
We typically receive the following information directly from the contact persons of our customers:
- Name of the customer company, first and last name of the contact person, work email address, telephone number
- Permissions and/or bans on the contact person in electronic direct marketing and customer communications
- Classification data provided by the contact person (e.g. interests)
- Information provided on contact forms
- Customer feedback data, contact messages, and consents
- We also collect the data of our potential customers when they participate in competitions, lotteries, customer events, or fairs.
We will process, for example, the following personal data of the user in connection with the use of services and websites:
- IP address or other ID
- Subscription, invoicing, and delivery data
- Data collected through cookies
- Data collected on the use of STV’s online services
- Data collected on the use of STV’s Customer Service channels
The following data on the user in particular is received from other sources:
- Data related to the use of social media, such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, e.g. ‘liking’ our website
- We collect visitor data on our website in order to analyse and develop our website as well as target relevant marketing and customer communications to visitors.
- We can also collect your personal data based on your separately given consent.
- In order to develop our service to customers, we record calls made to and chats with our Customer Service.
Storage period of personal data
Personal data contained in the customer and marketing communication register is stored for as long as STV will need it for the above purposes.
Storage periods of data related to customer relationship management:
- recordings of chats with Customer Service: three months
- recordings of telephone conversations with Customer Service: seven months
- details on the customer’s contact person related to customer relationship management: for as long as the data subject is the contact person of the customer concerned or for as long as STV stores the history data of the service used by the customer